Apache CORDOVA is the place to go if you were using Intel XDK

I was following Intel XDK for more than a year  with many posts on my blog for mobile devices and participating in Intel's forums.  I have observed that its emphasis was slowly changing and I started looking for alternatives. There are programs for which you need to pay, which I am not ready, as I do not derive any revenue from what I do. I am looking for free programs.

Progressively Intel XDK has been shifting their focus to mostly Intel IoT devices. The App Designer support does not exist anymore except for a few features in the interface. The Interface as you knew it is now mostly geared for IoT devices. Intel XDK forum suggests that there are more tools freely available (on the Internet) that may do equally well and a strong recommendation for using Cordova CLI.

Well one cannot expect a tool to live eternally and things do change. What is needed on the part of developers\users is to turn somewhat nomadic and look for new pastures.

Here is a link to Apache CORDOVA site where you need to forage next. Of course, Apache CORDOVA will be there much longer than Intel XDK could have been. For one thing, Apache CORDOVA has a neat architecture for building web/native apps which means you need to use the plugins if you need to access sensors in the mobile device.

Here is a picture of the well-knit Apache CORDOVA architecture from their site:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UWP: Displaying formatted text in a TextBox Control

Handling AppManifest Validation error

UWP: XAML's ComboBox Control -Part 1