Fixing Windows Phone Apps error using Blend for VS 2013


In my previous post here:

http://hodentek.blogspot.com/2014/05/windows-app-studio-project-on-emulator.html

 I described some UI errors in projects created using Windows App Studio which is in beta. Notice the bleeding from the next section into the section in display.




I had attributed those errors to my incorrect usage of the App Studio. However looking at sample the project (Windows Phone App Studio Sample App) I believe it is some errors not fixed in the beta. Notice the 'bleed' in the next screen shot.



I went back and opened the project in Blend for Visual Studio 2013 and fixed the errors in my previous post.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/wpapps/en-US/57b5f392-d5f8-46b8-9a5a-fa7b88aba398/app-studio-developed-app-has-display-errors?forum=wpappstudio

Basically, the horizontal alignment was wrong and the section widths were not set correctly. After making these changes, the display was corrected as shown.


Blend is very handy for fixing the UI errors, more intuitive than VS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deploying a Universal Windows Project to Lumia 950

Event Code: UI design with XAML in Visual Studio 2017 - 2

Towards cross-platform development..