Developing Apache Cordova App using Visual Studio 2015 Community - Contd

This is continued from my previous post here:
After creating the blank project and building it, it was found that trying to run (Start Debug) the project resulted in the following error:



In this post, I try to probe further to see if it can work with other devices\emulators. Windows Emulators run in Hyper-V and that needs to be working as the next message shows trying to work with Windows 10. This message is strange as Hyper-V is enabled. However, there
must have been a Windows 10 update which probably resets other settings.


I enabled Hyper-V using the Control Panel. However, you also need to restart the computer.


 As I had launched the Visual Studio as a normal user, it needs to run in elevated mode.

 Well. I still get this error message and cannot run..

 I changed my emulator to Windows x64 and the program ran without any errors and the emulator image is shown below.

 I tried to run in Window Phone emulator and it came up with many other errors. This one is hard to run in Windows 10 emulator.

 I am not sure what this error message is about. I wish there were more helpful messages.


Finally I ran the start debug for Window Phone with the Emulator 8.1 WVGA 4 inch 512 mode and the program ran without errors.
I have to see how it runs in other emulators/devices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Event Code: UI design with XAML in Visual Studio 2017 - 2

Deploying a Universal Windows Project to Lumia 950

UWP: Displaying formatted text in a TextBox Control